“Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God” Phil 4:6
The prayer chain is a network which communicates and takes prayerful action on the needs of the parish and greater community. The importance of the prayer chain is that it faithfully intercedes on behalf of others in need by lifting others up through prayer for specific requests, concerns, and emergency situations.
TO BECOME A PRAYER PARTNER:
Register for Holy Spirit Prayer Chain Ministry on Flocknotes
There are 2 easy ways to register (pick one):
Visit our network at
2. or Text belong to 84576 from your phone and follow the instructions
You will need to go through the Ministry List on Holy Spirit’s Flocknotes and click on the “Prayer Chain” to join that list. FYI you will be registered for the Holy Spirit Catholic Church contact list and will receive emails sent out on that list. There is no way to get around this, so you will occasionally receive those emails.
To share your prayer requests, please contact the Prayer Chain Coordinator Marian Farina by emailing her at email@example.com , please include the following information, as appropriate
• Your name
• Your email address
• Is this request for you or your immediate family?
• If not, do you have the person’s permission to post this request?
• Should we use your name or just initials?
• The details of the request or situation needing prayer.
• Prayer requests may be sent to the coordinator with details that are left off the general prayer chain if requested.
Do’s and Don’ts
DO abide by the Confidentiality Statement.
DO give support to those who you are praying for if a name was included with the prayer request.
DO visit someone in the hospital you heard about through the Prayer Chain, if you wish.
DO continue to pray and intercede for the prayer requests until you feel a release.
DO send reports of answers to prayer so we can pass those down as well.
DO send updates so we can keep praying specifically for the need.
- DON’T send a prayer request down the Prayer Chain – all requests must originate from the Prayer Chain Coordinator.
- DON’T forward Prayer Chain prayer requests to others.
- DON’T discuss prayer requests with anyone that is not on the Prayer Chain.
- DON’T give additional details you may be aware of concerning prayer requests to others
- DON’T include information you don’t want communicated.
All prayer request posts will be reviewed by the Prayer Chain Coordinator and edited as necessary for brevity, confidentiality, priority, etc.
Submissions may be edited or rejected if, in the PC Coordinator’s judgment, they cross the line into gossip, particularly for third party or anonymous submissions. When in doubt, identifying information will be removed.
Anonymous submissions will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. If such a request is deemed to be of a sensitive nature, all identifying information will be removed.
If necessary for confidentiality, situational details and/or names may be reduced or removed from any submission.
To preserve privacy when one person submits a request for another individual, possibly without that person’s permission, all third-party requests will list initials only, with or without the requestor’s name (unless the request specifically states that permission has been granted by the 3rd party) (i.e. with, as in AB neighbor of Jane Doe, needs prayer for an upcoming job interview” or without, as in “Pray for AB’s upcoming job interview”).